Sunday, March 22, 2015

Trader Joes trip!  Trader Joe's is such a grand experience, and every visit is a pleasant surprise.  And the store I shop at is the original store.

Tonights visit was so delightful, that I would say, it's better than therapy.  First off, I saw some adorable kids, and I mean A-DOR-A-BLE as in, would that family mind adopting me??

Then my checkout guy rocks, because he's so engaging. Our conversation included, but was not limited to: napping extensively, recipes and cooking tips, original restaurant entrees, and Arkansas.

During and before my check-out experience, I felt extra welcomed at Trader Joe's via the friendliness from Mr. ? check out guy.  We exchanged "hi's"and smiles 3 times.  Is he just extra friendly, or was he flirting?  Time will tell......

This visit, after the intention of being a bit more frugal, my bill totaled $77.

My current receipt included:   green beans, broccoli, asparagus, salad dressing, zucchini,  cottage cheese, Orange, Lemons,  Lime, Grapefruit, White Stilton cheese with Apricots from England,   Popcorn and Almonds which I replacing as I swiped it from my sister, fresh lamb, frozen hamburger meat from new zealand, frozen buffalo burgers,  palak paneer frozen indian entrée, prepared chicken curry salad, and a 9 dollar bottle of wine (which I thought was 7, hmm, maybe the tax?)

The Lemons, Asparagus, Broccoli, and Zucchini are organic, adding 4 more dollars to my bill, but what's 4 bucks when it's healthier?  I always hope they are telling the truth. Ya know?

My one splurge every week is the cheese.  Why not try all the Trader Joe's cheeses at least once?

So, I'm home, and my intentions of preparing lunch for tomorrow's workday are waning thin.

Why, because I am running so low on tupperware, excuses, excuses.....

get up early for this?

Who is inspired at the end of the eve to slice and dice any who?

Okee-dokey, off to never never land....

No comments: